Cucumber, yogurt, and mint salad is famous in the Middle East, Turkey and India. This salad is naturally low in carbs, making it perfect for a keto diet.
Cucumber, yogurt, and mint salad is easy to make and is usually served as a side dish with main courses such as chicken biryani. The following ingredients are needed to make the salad:
- Yogurt: In the middle east, this recipe is made with cow’s milk yogurt. However, you can also use Greek yogurt. Both options are low in carbs, making this cucumber and yogurt salad keto-friendly.
- Cucumber: The only vegetable used in this salad is cucumber. To prepare the cucumber, you must first peel the skin and then dice it into small pieces.
- Garlic: The garlic is used to provide the salad with flavor. The garlic will be pressed for this recipe. This will ensure that the taste is extracted from it.
- Lemon Juice: The addition of lemon juice is optional. Some yogurt brands are sour and won’t require the addition of lemon juice. However, if you like your salad to be a bit more on the sour side like me, add the lemon juice.
- Dried Mint: The combination of cucumber, yogurt, and mint is delicious. Instead of using fresh mint, this recipe requires the use of dried mint.
- Salt: To add flavor to the salad.
Putting the salad together
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients together:
Then, using a spatula, mix the ingredients until well-combined.
To serve the salad, drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top and garnish with some dried or fresh mint and enjoy! To store any leftovers, transfer the keto cucumber and yogurt salad to an air-tight container and store it in the fridge. The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Keto Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
- 950 grams of Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- 450 grams of peeled and diced cucumber about 5-6 cucumbers
- 1 Clove of Garlic Minced
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- ½ tablespoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Dried Mint
- Add the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and dried mint to a bowl. Using a spatula, mix the ingredients.
- Before serving, drizzle the cucumber and yogurt salad with olive oil.
- The cucumber and yogurt salad is best served cold.
- Drizzle olive oil, and garnish with dried and fresh mint before serving.
- The salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to three days.