Fudgy and dense kinder brownies with a layer of kinder chocolate in between. These kinder brownies are out of this world and are gluten-free!
I have always been a fan of Kinder Chocolate, so I was over the moon to find that their milk chocolate is gluten-free! So, naturally, I decided to make some kinder brownies because why not? Every person that ate this brownie said it was too good to be true. Anyways, let’s dive right in!
Is Kinder Gluten-Free?
Kinder is a brand of chocolate bars that are produced by Ferrero, an Italian confectionery company. Some of their product lines contain cereals and biscuits, making them unsafe for consumption for celiac or gluten intolerance. However, their Kinder Chocolate Bar and surprise egg are both gluten-free. Therefore, in this recipe, we will be using their Kinder Chocolate Bar.
Kinder Brownies Ingredients
The ingredients for kinder brownies are simple. You will need essential brownie ingredients and some kinder chocolate bars.
- Gluten-Free Flour Mix: The beauty of brownies is that they don’t require much flour. Hence, you can use any gluten-free all-purpose flour you usually use to make your baked goods. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
- Xanthan Gum: Xanthan gum will act as the binding agent. If the gluten-free flour mix you use already has it, then omit it.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: The flavor of brownies depends significantly on the cocoa powder used. I recommend using Unsweetened Cocoa Powder as it allows you to control how sweet the brownies should be. I used Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder; however, you can use any brand you like.
- Salt: To flavor the brownies.
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil is the primary source of fat in this recipe instead of butter. I find the vegetable oil makes the brownies more fudgy and moist.
- 70% Dark Chocolate: For fudgy brownies, I recommend using 70% dark chocolate bars. However, if you can’t find any in your local market, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead. The intensity of the chocolate will vary, but the brownies will still taste great!
- White & Brown Sugar: If you tried my other recipes, you know I’m a huge fan of brown sugar. It makes everything better! The brown sugar makes the top of the brownies crinkle.
- Eggs: The eggs will provide the brownies with structure. Also, eggs are the only leavening agents used in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: To provide the brownies with subtle vanilla flavor.
- Kinder Chocolate: The star of the show! You will need about 10-12 kinder chocolate bars.
Making The Brownies
Making these brownies is simple and quick! Here is what you need to do:
- Melt The Chocolate: To melt the chocolate, create a double boiler using a glass bowl and a medium-sized saucepan. Fill the saucepan with water and place the glass bowl on top. Make sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the saucepan. Over low-medium heat, add the chocolate to the glass bowl and let it melt while stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the glass bowl from heat, and add the brown sugar, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Using a whisk, combine the ingredients, then set aside the chocolate mixture to cool down to room temperature. Once the chocolate is cooled, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and whisk until combined. Do not add the eggs while the mixture is still hot, as you risk cooking the eggs.
- Prepare The Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, add the gluten-free all-purpose flour, xanthan gum, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Using a whisk, combine the ingredients.
- Create The Brownies Batter: Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and mix using a spatula until combined.
Assembling The Kinder Brownies
To assemble the kinder brownies, you will need to do as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356°F). Prepare The Baking Pan: Grease a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) pan with butter. Then align it with parchment paper.
- Layer The Brownies: Now, for the first layer, add half of the brownie’s batter. Then, align kinder chocolate bars across the first layer. Next, add the remaining brownies batter to cover the kinder chocolate. Finally, top the brownies with kinder chocolate if you like or drizzle Nutella chocolate on top.
More Chocolate Desserts
- 60 grams of 70% Dark Chocolate
- 165 grams of Brown Sugar
- 235 grams of Granulated White Sugar
- 200 ml of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 136 grams of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon of Xanthan Gum Omit if your blend has it
- 80 grams of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 11-12 pieces of Kinder Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356°F).
- Create a double boiler using a medium-sized saucepan and a glass bowl. Place the glass bowl on top of the water-filled saucepan and set it over low heat. Make sure that the bottom of the glass bowl does not touch the water. Add the dark chocolate to the glass bowl and allow it to melt (1-2 minutes). Once the chocolate is melted, remove the saucepan from the heat. Then add the brown sugar, granulated white sugar, vegetable oil to the melted chocolate and whisk until combined. Now, Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate and sugar mixture and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, xanthan gum, salt, and cocoa powder. Then add the melted chocolate and sugar mixture to the flour mixture and mix using a spatula.
- Align a 20 x 20 cm ( 8 x 8 inch) square pan with parchment paper. Then pour half of the brownies batter. Next, evenly place 10 pieces of kinder chocolate on the first brownie layer. Afterward, cover the kinder chocolate with the remaining batter. You can add pieces of kinder chocolate to the top of the brownies if you like.
- Bake the brownies for 27-30 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Melting Chocolate: You can melt the chocolate using a microwave if you can’t create a double boiler. Simply place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Storage: The kinder brownies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to three days. It can also be stored in the fridge for up to a week.