Ordinary pancakes are fantastic but can get boring at times. Here is an idea, what about snickerdoodle pancakes made with your everyday pancake mix?
Snickerdoodle is one of my favorite flavors. The combination of sugar and cinnamon reminds me of cozy, cold winter nights. Making these pancakes is very simple. All you need is the following:
- Your favorite pancake mix: I’m using Bob’s red mill gluten-free pancake mix for this recipe. I personally love it and find it so easy to make.
- Ground Cinnamon: The ground cinnamon will be used in the pancake mix and the cinnamon-sugar coating.
- Butter: The butter will be used to cover the pancakes before dipping them into the cinnamon-sugar coating.
- Granulated White Sugar
Prepare you Pancakes
- Making the Pancake Batter: you will need to read the instructions on your favorite pancake mix and carry out the procedure. Once you have completed the pancake batter, add the ground cinnamon and whisk it in.
- Cooking the Pancakes: Using a non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, add ¼ cup of pancake batter to the center of the skillet. Cook the pancake on one side for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the sides. Then using a spatula, flip the pancake on the other side and cook it for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer the pancake into a cooling rack and continue until there is no batter left.
- Making Snickerdoodle Pancakes: In a bowl, add the ground cinnamon, sugar and give it a mix to combine. Then, add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl, and melt it. Meanwhile, using a brush or a spoon, apply the melted butter to the pancake and dip the pancake into the cinnamon sugar, ensuring that both sides of the pancake are coated. Repeat until all pancakes are covered in cinnamon sugar.
Snickerdoodle Pancakes Topping Ideas
These snickerdoodle pancakes taste great without any topping. However, if you want to step things up a bit, here are a few ideas!
- Cream Cheese & Blueberry: You can have these pancakes with cream cheese and blueberry. The cream cheese tanginess goes very well with the sweetness of these pancakes.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Topping these pancakes with cream cheese frosting feels like having a cinnamon roll for breakfast. You can check my cinnamon rolls recipe for the perfect cream cheese frosting.
- Maple Syrup: You want a classic topping? Maple syrup works just great with these pancakes.
Snickerdoodle Pancakes made with Pancake Mix
Snickerdoodle pancakes made with pancake mix and covered with cinnamon sugar. Top these pancakes with cream cheese frosting and enjoy them for breakfast!
Yield: 8 Pancakes
- 1 Pancake Mix + 2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 60 grams of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon of Butter
- Prepare the pancake batter by following the instructions indicated on your choice of pancake mix. Once the batter is formed, add 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and whisk the batter to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the granulated white sugar and ground cinnamon. Combine using a whisk or fork.
- On a non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, add ¼ cup of pancake batter to the center of the skillet. Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start to form at the top. Then, using a spatula, flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until you are out of batter.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and melt it. Then, using a brush or a spoon, brush the melted butter on the pancake. Immediately, dip the pancake in the cinnamon sugar. Ensure that both sides of the pancake are coated. Repeat until you are out of pancakes.
- Add your choice of topping and serve.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1mg
What a great idea to enjoy snickerdoodle! I definitely need a stack to start my day
Snickerdoodles are my favourite cookies and I can’t wait to try these flavours in pancakes!
This pancake recipe is a great and fun thing to make on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning! My family loved it!
Kayla DiMaggio says
Oh my goodness, these snickerdoodle pancakes were such a hit with my family, the whole house loved them!
So happy you liked it!
So happy I found this recipe! My daughter was just asking me for snickerdoodles. This will be a great recipe to make on Saturday mornings! So delish!