There is nothing better than cooling the hot summer days with this watermelon goat cheese salad. The salad incorporates Mediterranean flavors such as za'atar and sumac. Also, the recipe only takes 15 minutes to make.
Preparing the ingredients!
To make this Mediterranean style watermelon goat cheese salad, you will need the following ingredients:
Watermelon: Of course! You will need about a quarter of a watermelon to make this recipe. Make sure to cut the watermelon into cubes and remove as many black seeds as possible. The last thing you want is biting through a seed while eating the salad.
Red or White Onion: You can choose either red or white onion. I went with red onions for this recipe as I prefer the taste of red onion more than white onion. You will need to chop the onions.
Feta Cheese: The best cheese with this salad is feta cheese made of goat cheese. The feta cheese provides this watermelon salad with tanginess.
Cucumber: What is a salad without cucumber? A sad salad, just kidding. The cucumber works great with the sweetness of the watermelon. To prepare the cucumbers, peel the skin and dice them into circles.
Cherry Tomato: If you have never tried tomato with watermelon before, then you are missing out. Tomato and watermelon are one of the best combinations out there. To prepare the cherry tomatoes, wash them and cut them in half.
Baby Spinach: I wanted to add a bit of green to this salad to contrast the red, and I'm not a fan of lettuce. So I went with baby spinach, and it was great.
Green and Black olives: The olives add a nice texture contrast to the salad. They also add a bit of sourness that complements the sweetness of the watermelon. Please remove the seeds from the olives before adding them to the salad.
Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Zataar, Sumac, and Salt: The dressing of this watermelon goat cheese salad is the star of the show. To make the dressing, you will need lemon juice, olive oil, zaatar, sumac, and salt. The Zataar and sumac add a lovely floral and tangy flavor to the salad that reflects the middle eastern cuisine.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!
If you tried this watermelon goat cheese salad recipe, please don't forget to rate and leave a comment!
Other Mediterranean Inspired Dishes:
Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 Kg of Chopped Watermelon with seeds removed
- 2 Red or White Onions Chopped
- 2 Cucumber diced into circles
- 60 grams of Baby Spinach
- 110 grams of Cherry Tomato Sliced in half
- 40 grams of Seedless Green Olives
- 40 grams of Seedless Black Olives
- 25 ml of Lemon Juice
- 25 ml of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Za'atar
- 1 tablespoon of Sumac
- ½ tablespoon of Salt
- 110 grams of Feta Cheese (Goat Cheese)
- In a large bowl, add the chopped watermelon, onion, and cucumber. Then add the baby spinach, cherry tomato, green olives, black olives, lemon juice, olive oil, zaatar, sumac, and salt. Combine using a spatula.
- Next, cut the feta cheese block into cubes and add it to the salad. The salad is best served cold.
- Try your best to remove as many seeds from the watermelon as possible.
- The watermelon goat cheese salad is best served on the same day it is made. However, if need be, the salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.