Delicious and easy to make gluten free edible cookie dough made with oat and almond flour. You won’t need to cook the flours or turn your oven on.
Who doesn’t love edible cookie dough? It is always tempting to sneak-eat cookie dough when baking cookies; however, it is not safe as delicious as it is. That, however, does not mean we can’t enjoy a safe version.
This gluten free edible cookie dough recipe is brilliant, and for a simple reason, you don’t need to prep the flour. Yup, you read that right. We will use flours that do not require prepping or prebaking.
The Right Ingredients for your Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough
- Oat Flour: Eating raw oats is safe, and hence we will use oat flour to make the cookie dough. If you can’t find oat flour, process the oats into flour using a food processor.
- Almond Flour: Eating raw almonds is safe, and hence eating raw almond flour is also safe. Almonds also add a delicious nutty flavor to your cookie dough and are a healthy fat source. So your cookie dough is “kinda” guilt-free (It has butter….).
- Brown Sugar: People who don’t put brown sugar in their cookies really surprise me. Like how did you live without it? The brown sugar adds a subtle warm caramel flavor to your cookie dough and takes it to a new level of goodness.
Making Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough
When you have unexpected guests coming over and you are in a rush to make a snack, this gluten free edible cookie dough recipe is a lifesaver. You will have a delicious snack in between your hands in no time.
All you need to do is the following:
- Mix the dry ingredients: Mix the oat flour, almond flour, and salt together. Set the flour mixture aside for later.
- Fluff and cream the butter: Using a handheld mixer or a standalone mixer with the paddle attachment fitted, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Do not overbeat the butter, as it will lose its consistency the more you work it.
- Add the dry ingredients: You want to add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar and beat until combined. You can use a handheld mixer for this step or a spatula. If you are using a handheld mixer, do not add the flour mixture all at once, or it will fly everywhere and create a mess.
- Add the chocolate chips: Then, add the chocolate chips and combine using a spatula.
Other Easy Dessert Recipes
Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough
- 120 grams of Oat Flour
- 50 grams of Almond Flour
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 120 grams of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 100 grams of Brown Sugar
- 100 grams of White Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 25 ml of Milk
- 100 grams of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mix and combine the oat flour, almond flour, and salt.
- Using a handheld mixer or standalone mixer with the paddle attachment fitted, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Then, add the vanilla extract and milk and beat until combined. Now, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the chocolate chips and fold them into the cookie dough using a spatula.
- Storage and Freezing: The gluten free edible cookie dough can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to a week. You can also freeze the dough for up to two months.
Leave a Reply