No-bake, gluten-free chocolate coconut balls recipe made with coconut flour and covered with shredded coconut. This chocolate coconut balls recipe is perfect for chocolate and coconut lovers.
As a kid, I remember my mum making this recipe with crushed digestive biscuits. My sister and I would always fight for the last chocolate coconut ball piece. She obviously would always win because I’m the eldest and need to be more responsible. Today, this recipe is still my sister’s favorite and must-make when she comes back home. However, since I can’t have gluten anymore, I decided to substitute the biscuits with coconut flour. I know I can replace the digestive biscuits with gluten-free biscuits, but honestly, gluten-free biscuits are a hassle to buy and are pretty expensive.
Also, what I love the most about coconut flour is that you don’t need to bake it—making it the perfect substitute for biscuits in this recipe. It also increases the coconut flavor making the coconut balls even more delicious. If you love coconut as much as I do try out this coconut cupcake recipe.
This chocolate coconut balls recipe is straightforward to make and requires almost zero effort. To make this recipe, all you need is the following:
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Milk Powder
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Shredded Coconut for decoration
Making the Chocolate Coconut Balls
To make the dough, we will start by heating the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan until the butter and sugar melt.
After removing the saucepan from the heat, we can add in the vanilla extract, coconut flour, and coconut milk powder. Afterward, using a spatula, mix all the ingredients until combined.
Before we start shaping our chocolate coconut balls, we first need to let the dough chill for about an hour in the fridge. Chilling the dough will make it easier for us to shape the dough into balls.
Once the dough is chilled, using a spoon or an ice cream scooper, scoop the dough and shape it into a ball. If the coconut balls are too sticky, apply some water to your hands. Then roll the coconut balls in shredded coconut.
These chocolate coconut balls are best served cold. They can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for a week.
Let me know how this recipe goes for you!
Other Chocolate Recipes!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Pancakes
- Lazy Cake (No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake)
- Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate Mix
- Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Muffins
- Gluten-Free German Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 75 grams of Unsalted Butter
- 18 grams of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 135 grams of Dark Brown Sugar / Light Brown Sugar
- 397 grams of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 14 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 90 grams of Coconut Flour
- 65 grams of Coconut Milk Powder
- 60 grams of Shredded Coconut for Decoration
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. Keep whisking the ingredients until the butter and sugar melt.
- Next, turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract, coconut flour, and coconut milk powder. Combine the ingredients using a spatula. Cover the dough and let it chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once the chocolate coconut dough is chilled, scoop a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Then roll the ball in shredded coconut until the coconut ball is entirely covered with coconut.
- Repeat step 3 until you are out of dough.
- If the dough is sticky, apply water to your hands before rolling the dough into balls.
- Coconut chocolate balls are best served cold.
- They can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for a week.
I can see why your sister fought you over these. They’re absolutely amazing and easy to
Thank you, so glad you liked them! 😊
This looks like a must try!
These chocolate coconut balls are the perfect snacks while I'm at work! They're delicious, made with simple ingredients, and soo easy to make. I love them!
Kayla DiMaggio says
These chocolate coconut balls are amazing! I loved all the flavors and love how easy they were to make!
These chocolate coconut balls were so delicious! I made a double batch and they were gone in no time! I will make this recipe very soon again! Thank you!
Tried this recipe and now I'm addicted.