These quick and easy no-bake oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips are irresistible! These cookies are made with white chocolate and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Granulated White Sugar: White sugar is not only a sweetener, but it is also responsible for how well the cookies hold their shape.
- Golden Syrup: Golden syrup provides the cookies with a delicious subtle caramel flavor. If you can't find golden syrup, then use corn syrup instead.
- Unsalted Butter: This recipe only requires a small amount of butter for flavor.
- Full-Fat Milk: I used dairy full-fat milk.
- White Chocolate: Is the base of these cookies.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavoring
- Salt: For flavoring
- Rolled Oats: I used gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats. I find that old-fashioned rolled oats work best for this recipe and help the cookie keep its shape.
The Process of Making The Cookies
The process of making these delicious no bake oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips is relatively easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Prepare the batter: In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium-low heat, add and combine the sugar, golden syrup, butter, milk, and white chocolate. Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Then remove the mixture from heat.
- Add the Oats: Now add and combine the oats, vanilla extract, and salt. Allow the cookie dough to cool down for 20-30 minutes, then add the chocolate chips. Adding the chocolate chips while the mixture is still hot will melt them.
- Chill the cookies: Align a baking tray with parchment paper. Then, roll one tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball and place it on the baking tray. Repeat until you are out of cookie dough. Then using a spatula, slightly press on the cookie balls to flatten them. Place the baking tray in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 90 grams of Granulated White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 40 grams of Unsalted Butter
- 80 ml of Full Fat Milk
- 210 grams of White Chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 164 grams of Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Whole Rolled Oats
- 110 grams of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over low-medium heat, add and combine the sugar, golden syrup, unsalted butter, milk, and white chocolate. Whisk the ingredients until the butter and chocolate completely melts. Remove the mixture from heat, and add the vanilla extract, salt, gluten free oats. Using a spatula or spoon stir the ingredients in until combined. Allow the mixture to cool down for 20-30 minutes before adding and mixing in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Align a tray with parchment paper and roll one tablespoon of cookie mixture into a ball. Then with the back of a spoon slightly flatten the cookie ball. Repeat until you are out of cookie dough.
- Refrigerate the no bake cookies for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Storage: The no-bake oatmeal cookies can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for ten days. To freeze the cookies, wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 6 months.