Citrusy and flavorful baked salmon with vegetables. This recipe is easy, quick, and healthy. It makes the perfect weeknight dinner!
There are several things to love about baked salmon with vegetables. Here are a few reasons why you should give this recipe a try:
- This recipe is done in one pan
- Quick and easy, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner
- Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Flavorful and packed with nutrition
Salmon with Vegetable Ingredients
Salmon Fillet: I used Atlantic salmon fillet and removed the skin. Only remove the skin when you add the salmon to the pan. Removing it hours before baking the salmon will lead to dry salmon.
Marinade: The marinade will consist of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and some dried herbs.
Vegetables: The vegetables in this salmon and veggies recipe are onion, green and yellow capsicum, cherry tomatoes (which some consider a fruit), and slices of lemon. You can add more vegetables if you like, such as asparagus and baby corn.
One Pan Salmon and Veggies
This recipe is easy to make, and all you need to do is the following:
Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F)
Olive Oil Marinade: Add and combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, dried oregano, and dried basil. Set the olive oil marinade aside.
Prepare the Pan: Align a sheet pan or casserole with parchment paper. Then, add the salmons and pour half of the marinade mixture on the salmon. Then, flip the salmon and marinate the other side. Make sure that the skin side is the one at the bottom. This helps keep the salmon moist. Now, evenly toss the capsicums, cherry tomatoes, onions, basil, and sliced lemon.
Bake the salmon: Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the salmon for 20 minutes. Then remove the aluminum foil and bake the salmon with vegetables for another 10 minutes.
Baked Salmon with Vegetables Leftovers
If there are any salmon and veggies leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Leftover Salmon is best eaten cold, as reheating it can cause it to dry out. It also tastes great when it’s cold. I do not recommend storing the salmon for more than 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions about Salmon and Veggies
Almost all vegetables taste great with salmon, such as potatoes, corn, and red pepper.
Yes, leftover salmon is best eaten cold. Reheating the salmon can cause it to dry out and might change the texture of the salmon. Cold baked salmon tastes even better than warm salmon.
Other Dinner Recipes you might Enjoy!
- Mediterranean Spiced Rice with Ground Beef
- Chicken Biryani
- Ground Beef Curry
- Tunisian Couscous with Meat and Vegetables
- Pink Sauce Pasta
Salmon with Vegetables
- 60 ml of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Clove of Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Basil
- 520 grams of Salmon Fillet (2 Pieces, with skin removed)
- 1 Green Capsicum (Chopped Lengthwise)
- 1 Yellow Capsicum (Chopped Lengthwise)
- ½ cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Onion (Chopped Lengthwise)
- Handful of Basil
- Sliced Lemons (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F)
- Mix and combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, dried oregano, and dried basil in a cup.
- Align a baking pan with parchment paper and add the two salmon fillets. Pour half of the olive oil marinade on the salmon and then flip them to the other side and pour the remaining mixture.
- Then, evenly spread the green capsicum, cherry tomatoes, and onions across the baking pan. Now add the basil and sliced lemons. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes. Then carefully remove the aluminum foil and cook the salmons for another 10 minutes.
Salmon and veggies is my favorite weeknight family dinner! Loved the flavorings in this recipe and the fact that you cranked the oven way up high. This gave nice color to the veggies yet still left them crisp-tender as my family likes it.
This is such an easy and delicious recipe! I love the flavors you have for this as well!
Salmon is one of my favorites! When I have leftover salmon and veggies I make a lunch bowl with rice. So satisfying and healthy!
I love meals that I can feel good about eating and this one is just that! I followed your instructions to the T and the result was perfectly seasoned and cooked salmon. So good!!
Salmon is so easy to cook and so nutritious, pairing it with veggies gives us a complete meal. I love peppers!
I love this! Simple, quick but so yummy and nutritious!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It's really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
One of my favourite meals of all time! Thanks for such a delicious and easy recipe that I can share with the family.
This salmon was delicious and perfectly cooked! The citrus added such a nice pop of flavor, and it was super easy to make.
Love salmon and veggie for dinner! But loved it even more than it was made in one pan!
Absolutely delicious recipe!
perfect weeknight meal! I love salmon!