Soft and Fluffy gluten free cinnamon bread with cinnamon-sugar swirls. This cinnamon bread is perfect for breakfast and dessert.
Sometimes I’m craving dessert for breakfast, and in those days, this gluten free cinnamon bread recipe comes in handy.
Ingredients Needed For Soft Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread
White rice, Tapioca, and Almond Flour: For the cinnamon bread to be soft and fluffy, white rice, tapioca, and almond flour is the perfect gluten-free flour combination to achieve the correct texture.
Xanthan Gum: Xanthan gum is needed to bind the ingredients together and provide the bread with structure.
Ground Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon will be used for the dough and cinnamon-sugar filling. Using cinnamon to flavor the dough elevates this bread.
Ground Clove: I find that the combination of cinnamon and clove work really well together. However, if you don’t like clove, you can omit it.
Water & Milk: Water and milk will be used to provide the bread with moisture. Milk also gives the bread flavor.
Granulated White Sugar & Brown Sugar: Granulated white sugar will be used for the dough to help the yeast activate. Meanwhile, both white sugar and brown sugar will be used for the cinnamon-sugar filling. The use of brown sugar for the cinnamon-sugar filling provides a caramelized flavor that is difficult to resist.
Instant Active Yeast: I love using instant active yeast as it is easy and saves time. It also does the job.
Unsalted-Butter: Since this recipe also calls for salt, we will be using unsalted butter at room temperature.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar works miracles in gluten-free dough. It makes it soft and easier to handle.
Egg: The eggs provide structure to the dough and make it easier to shape and handle.
Making Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread
Before making our cinnamon bread, we need to make sure that the yeast is active. To do this, add the milk and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it to 49-55°C (120-131°F). Then add the sugar and the instant active yeast and mix until combined. Cover the mixture, and let it sit for 10 minutes. The yeast should activate and form bubbles, as seen in the picture below. Now, we can safely start making our gluten-free cinnamon bread.
In a bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, ground cinnamon, ground clove, salt, and combine.
Then, in a separate bowl, add the butter, apple cider vinegar, egg, and yeast mixture. Afterward, mix the ingredients using a stand-alone mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand-held mixer at medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes. Then add the dry ingredients and mix at low speed or using your hand until the gluten-free cinnamon bread dough had formed.
Meanwhile, it is time to shape the dough. Dust your working area and rolling pin with gluten-free flour and shape the dough into a rectangle. The longest side should be equal to the length of your loaf pan. The shortest side length should be ⅔ of the longest side.
Next, apply one tablespoon of butter to the dough and add the cinnamon-sugar filling.
Then, roll the dough into a log and transfer it to a greased loaf pan. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and a clean damp kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise for 60-90 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
Bake the gluten-free cinnamon bread for 35-40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted at the center of the loaf reads 85°C (185°F ). Allow the cinnamon bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
More Cinnamon Recipes?
- Gluten-Free Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Cupcake
- Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles
- Snickerdoodle Pancakes
Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread
- 150 ml of Water at 49-55°C 120-131°F
- 150 ml of Milk at 49-55°C 120-131°F
- 50 grams of Granulated White Sugar
- 7 grams of Instant Active Yeast
- 195 grams of White Rice Flour
- 78 grams of Tapioca Flour
- 117 grams of Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Clove
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 75 grams of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 50 grams of Granulated White Sugar
- 20 grams of Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- In a small bowl, add the white sugar, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Combine the ingredients using a spoon.
- In a small bowl or cup, add the Milk, Water, sugar, and yeast. Gently stir the mixture and set it aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes bubble should form to indicate that the yeast is active. If not repeat this step, ensuring that the Milk and Water are at a temperature of 49-55°C (120-131°F).
- In a separate bowl, add the flours, xanthan gum, ground cinnamon, ground clove, salt, and whisk the ingredients until combined.
- Next, in a separate bowl, add the butter, apple cider vinegar, eggs, and yeast mixture created in step one. In a stand-alone mixer, with the paddle attachment, or hand-held mixer, beat the butter and eggs for 3-4 minutes at medium-high speed.
- Then add the dry ingredients created in step 2 and beat at low speed until the dough has formed, or form the dough with your hand.
- Meanwhile, dust your working surface and rolling pin. Roll the dough into a rectangle. The longest side should be equal to the length of the loaf pan, while the shortest side should be approximately ⅔ of the longest side.
- Afterward, brush one tablespoon of butter on the dough and add the cinnamon sugar filling.
- Roll the dough into a log and grease the loaf pan. Transfer the log into the greased loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel. Allow the cinnamon bread to rise for 60-90 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Bake the gluten-free cinnamon bread for 35-40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted at the center of the loaf reads 85°C (185°F ). Allow the cinnamon bread to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.
- The gluten free cinnamon bread can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze the cinnamon bread after baking it. Cut the bread into slices and store the slices in an air-tight zip bag. The cinnamon bread can stay in the freezer for up to a month. Before use, defrost the cinnamon bread slices in the fridge for an hour or two and heat it up in a toaster or the oven.
Looks absolutely tasty and I bet it smells great while it's baking too. It's the perfect treat to serve my GF friends.
This was so soft and delicious. Totally worth the extra effort of homemade bread, and your detailed instructions helped so much!
Cinnamon Bread is one of my favorites. This means Fall is getting closer!!!
Lovely with that smell and cinnamon flavor. Delicious with a cup of tea, very easy to make. Freshly baked bread in less than 3 hours. Yum!
Katie Crenshaw says
Love that I can make this gluten free! It is a great bread to make when having guests over. I also like to cut a slice and use it for French toast in the morning.
Uma Srinivas says
This cinnamon bread looks so yum! I agree this bread is perfect for breakfast and dessert.
Ooo that swirl looks so lovely! Thanks for the great tips for how to make fluffy gf-friendly bread.
Super easy to make and really delicious! Thank you so much for this cinnamon bread recipe! Will surely have this again, highly recommended!
I'm a fan of cinnamon bread and this gluten-free version is my new favorite!
I love the details in your recipe and images. I can't wait to try it and share it with my friends.
Made this bread the other day and my whole house smelled amazing! We had it for breakfast and then at tea time. Such a treat.